Saturday 17 August 2024

Here and there and everywhere!

One of the Non Profit Organisations Joshua Project, that I did some training with in 2021, asked me to do the Tutor training with a few of their staff in May. They want to expand the work in Humansdorp to also include Tutoring. The need is great!

Also in May I went to Cape Town for a conference and then a lady that did the training in 2019 asked me to do the tutor training with a few of her colleagues at The Paragon Generation, that want to start a tutoring project in Kraaifontein. It was very encouraging for me to do that.

In June I then got the opportunity to teach the tutor training again, but this time with a few ladies in Hartenbos. Their church is reaching out in a poor community, helping kids that struggle with reading and maths. They were so glad for the training and reports that I received from them recently confirmed to me that they are implementing what I taught them. That always brings joy to my heart.

In July I started in Thornhill to train five ladies, but they have since decided not to continue. I am disappointed, because they admitted that there is a great need for trained tutors. Maybe in the future another door of opportunity will open in that community.

The ABC Adventure with the ACTT 2024 students, completed the training at the end of July and we had a lovely graduation ceremony for them on the 31st of July at First Light Coffee Shop.

There are some possible training opportunities that needs to be finalized for September. Other than that I am ready to take the training to any community that would like to invest in the future of our children.

Evelyn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment