Thursday 19 May 2022

Returning to Old Places.

 

In March I visited Pellsrus Primary School where I volunteered in 2017. The whole of last year being back in Jeffreys' Bay, I did not get to go there, but then in March it seemed that it was a good time to have returned. In reconnecting with some of the Staff, a string of opportunities opened up for teaching the Tutor Training. I think I need to investigate training Reading Coaches in the whole of the Kouga region. As I have come to understand, the Reading Coaches are only there to help the teachers with giving the learners more practice in reading outside the classroom. I think however that if the Reading Coaches had training in how to teach reading, they would be able to help much more!

In the beginning of May I returned to another place where I haven't been since 2013. I was invited by a Non-Profit to go and do the ABC Adventure Course with their Staff in the Transkei. I did half of the Course, as I previously laid out. I think that especially the Maths tutoring material was very helpful tools to them and they were encouraged to implement it at their After Care program. Lord Willing, I will return later the year to do the second week of the ABC Adventure Course.

I am also looking into the possibilities of returning to Gqeberha and Cradock. I trust that next time I write, I can report on how that developed.

Until then, one step at a time, we do what we can so that children's lives can be impacted towards a good future.


Evelyn

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment